We are family run, independent fishmongers, based on the historic Doncaster Market. The business has been established for over 40 years and has a reputation of selling only the highest quality of fresh fish and shellfish.
What Makes Us Different
- We are a small family business. Being small means we can hand-pick the very best fish for our customers. Our wholesalers buy the quantity and we select out the very best. This ensures you will never get any fish from us that isn’t top quality!
- We pay a premium on various lines to ensure we get the best. This however, we’re sure you’ll find, isn’t reflected in our competitive prices!
- We work hard to only supply the best. We hand-pick all our own crab meat and boil and dress our own lobsters. This is a very time consuming task as anyone who’s dressed a crab will know! We also fillet all our own salmon, sea bass, bream, lemon sole, turbot, trout, whiting etc. It’s much easier to make sure the fish are up to standard when they’re whole, rather than buying ready filleted fish.
- We make the weekly journey to Grimsby Docks to deal with our suppliers face to face and ensure were getting the very best fish landed!
- We have a great passion for the job! we really enjoy what we do – bringing the very best the sea has to offer to your door! And a wealth of experience in the trade, we are a second generation of fishmongers pushing the family business to new heights!
The majority of our fish is sourced from well trusted Grimsby fish merchants, however we use a number of suppliers from different coasts to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
The cod and haddock is large, mainly line caught and comes from recognised sustainable fisheries in Iceland, Norway and the Faroe Isles. Our salmon comes from selected and trusted Salmon farms from Northern Scotland and the Shetland Isles and is always the highest graded, ‘superior’ salmon. Our smoked haddock comes from one of the only independent, family run, traditional smoking firms left in England which pride themselves on a method of production that has been refined over many years to produce the very best natural flavours.
Our Fresh crabs are from the East coast, mainly Filey and Bridlington and are all prepared by hand, by us. We never use pre-dressed crab meat as the quality is never the same. We also offer a wide array of different fish from week to week, depending on what has been landed that particular week, such as English Halibut, Lemon Sole, Dover Sole, Hake fillet, just to name a few. In addition, seasonal fish such as Wild salmon and Wild sea trout are also available when in season.
Rest assured we only deal with the highest quality fish!